KEANU M. HEYDARI
A PDF document of my CV is available upon request. Please contact me.
- 2017 University of California, Los Angeles, B.A. in History and Minor in French, Cum laude, with College Honors
- Two-term president of Phi Alpha Theta History Honor Society
- Member, History Undergraduate Advisory Board and Undergraduate Advisory Council (Dept. of History)
- Winner of the 2017 History Department Service Award
- Introduction to Western Civilization: Ancient Civilizations, Prehistory to circa A.D. 843 (HIST 1A)
- Introduction to Western Civilization: Circa 1715 to Present (HIST 1C)
- Methods and Approaches in Cultural History, 1450 to 2013 (HIST 97C)
- Alexis de Tocqueville and the Origins of Modern Democracy (HIST 96W, SEM 2)
- History of France, 1715 to 1871 (HIST 124B)
- History of France, 1900 to the Present (HIST 124C)
- History of the U.S.: Colonial Origins (HIST 13A)
- Nineteenth-Century America (HIST 13B)
- An Intellectual History of the Renaissance (HIST 122A)
- Hiroshima: How We Remember the Bomb (HIST 19, SEM 4)
- Marxist and Post-Marxist Approaches to Cultural Studies (HNRS 110)
- Cultural and Intellectual History of Modern Europe, 19th Century (HIST M122E)
- The Role of Race in Presidential Campaigns, 1948 to Present (GE CLST20CW, SEM 2)
- Europe in the Age of Revolution, circa 1775 to 1815 (HIST 126)
- Capstone: Europe: Vichy and German Occupation of France during World War II (HIST 191C)
- History of Modern Europe: The Bourgeois Century, 1815 to 1914 (HIST 121D)
- Directed Research in History: Iconoclasm in the Early Modern Low Countries (HIST 199)
- French and Francophone Theater in Translation (FRNCH 161)
- Cultural and intellectual history of 19th and 20th century France
- Growth of European nationalism(s), e.g., the evolution of popular fascism in Vichy Regime political rhetoric
- Political-theological controversies, e.g., anticlericalism from the Third Republic to modern France
- Civic republicanism and engagement in Ancien Régime and post-Revolutionary France
- 2017 – Present Pacific Crossroads Church, Los Angeles, CA, Research Assistant & Pastoral Intern, Worked alongside Rev. Rankin Wilbourne (PCA) to assist his current research projects and to learn from/participate in various modes of pastoral work, ministry, and research.
- 2009 – 2015 Air Quality Management Services, Los Angeles, CA, Archivist, Responsible for the organization’s archival research and documentation retrieval system.
CONFERENCE PAPERS & PRESENTATIONS
PAPERS READ IN ACADEMIC CONFERENCE OR SYMPOSIUM
- May 13, 2016: “‘Decadence’ and the ‘New Order’ in the Vichy French National Revolution: The Semiotics and Cultural Logic of the Pétainiste Meaning-Making Impulse”, at UCLA’s conference Power and Politics: First Annual History Undergraduate Conference
- Heydari, Keanu. “Turner, Christian Women & Emancipation in Ritual.” FEM Magazine, 2017, pp. 32–33.
- Heydari, Keanu. “Submission: SAE Incident Reflects Culture of Hatred, Racism.” The Daily Bruin, 12 Mar. 2015.
- March 10, 2016: “Deconstructing Terror: Paris, Multiculturalism, and Comparative Politics,” Wildwood Secondary School, upper school classroom workshop.
- March 5, 2014: “Racialization, Ethnocentrism & Nationalism,” Wildwood Secondary School, upper school classroom workshop.
UNDERGRADUATE SERVICE AT UCLA
- 2014 – 2017 Member (Vice President, President, Academic Director) Phi Alpha Theta: Theta-Upsilon (National History Honor Society)
- 2015 – 2017 History Undergraduate Advisory Board (HUAB) member
- 2015 – 2016 History Undergraduate Advisory Committee (UAC) Liaison
- 2016 – 2017 Editor-in-Chief of Quaestio, the Undergraduate History Journal
- Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society – Theta-Upsilon Chapter (UCLA)
- Alpha Lambda Delta and Phi Eta Sigma National Honors Societies (UCLA)
- The American Historical Association (Student Member)
- The Society for the Study of French History
- The Society for French Historical Studies (Student Member)
- French (professional fluency)
- German (some reading and some spoken)
- Spanish (basic reading and very basic speaking)
- Farsi (basic reading, writing, and speaking)